12 October 2015

Reflections: Looking Back

My favorite part of the class is the storybook assignment.

My Storybook
Source: My Computer (x)
I'm also writing my novel right now and it feels very overwhelming and structured, so it's nice to have a break from that. My storybook gives me a way to release a little creativity without too much pressure. It's also nice to hear positive comments about my writing. My writing classes give much harsher critiques so encouraging comments are great.

I do like reading and commenting on people's storybooks each week. I think it gives a pretty good look into some one's life after reading their introduction and one of their stories. So yes, I do feel like I am getting to know people in this class.

One thing that I've struggled with is getting a solid schedule down. I have so much reading and writing to do in my other classes that this one is easy to put off till the last minute. I enjoy it a lot more if I have time to sit down and absorb all the information.

I do most of my work for the class in my bedroom or at the library. I really enjoy not having to get up and go to class every day. Sometimes it's nice just to lay in bed and do a couple of assignments. It is much less stressful than the classroom.

Overall, I've had a great experience with this class so far!

No comments: