13 October 2015

Reflections: Looking Forward

I'm looking forward to seeing where my storybook project goes. I think that it'll be fun coming up with ideas for my next two stories. I'm most excited to write the modern day werewolf story. That's the type of story I'd write outside of class.

I'm also excited to continue reading other people's stories. I've looked at a few storybooks and I want to know where they go. I'm also interested to meet more people from the class as I read introductions and storytelling posts.

I'm close to where I want to be on the points chart. I'm a couple of points behind an A, but I plan on doing some extra credit to make up for some of the assignments I've missed. It's hard for me to do every storytelling assignment, because I'm already doing so much writing between my blogging internship and writing my novel.

I'd like to get done with the class early so I can focus on my other classes, but I don't see that happening. Maybe one weekend I can completely dedicate to this class and get ahead. I don't know when that would be though.

"IT'S GO TIME!" is a phrase from one of my favorite shows, Seinfeld. It's from The English Patient episode. I like to shout this at myself before I start a long assignment. With mid-terms this week, I'm sure to be doing this a lot.
Seinfeld: The English Patient - Season 8 - Episode 17
Source: YouTube Screenshot

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Blake,

I’ve commented on your introduction before, so I knew about your novel. I’m glad to hear that it’s going well for you! Or, as well as it can anyway. I think it’s cool that this class gives you a bit of breathing room from it, though, and that you’re able to be more creative. I hope that it continues to go well for you!

Also, as a little sidenote – there’s something weird going on in your sidebar – the “blog archive” list keeps shaking. I don’t know if that’s just my browser doing it or not, but it’s just odd.

Unknown said...

It has been very interesting reading about all these different people's backgrounds and their major and also what they would like to do with them. I am also a few points behind getting an A because I get so busy with lab writing that some days I don't get time to to each assignment. I'm sure writing these stories give you a relief from your strict writing class.