04 December 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Hans Christian Andersen

Extra Reading Diary: Hans Christian Andersen

I have heard of Hans Christian Anderson, but I don't actually know much about him. It looks like I've read or been read some of his stories before, but it's been a long time. I look forward to getting reacquainted with his work.

The Princess and the Pea: I read this story when I was younger. I remember it fairly well, but this might be a different version. I'm excited to find out. This wasn't the version that I read. This one was much more direct and simple. There wasn't a lot to the story, but it obviously provided a good base for people to write from.

Princess On Her Bed
(illustration by Dulac)

The Wicked Prince: Wow, I've never read anything quite like this story. In the beginning the story had a very realistic feel to it, until the Prince decided to try and kill God. It's a very interesting concept. The story didn't proceed or end like I thought it would. How the mighty was brought down by a single sting.

No comments: