27 August 2015

UnTextbook Readings


  1. Adam and Eve
    • The creation story has always intrigued me and I'd like to read more about it.
    • I think that the story of creation has also shaped a lot of the way that people look at women today. Eve was the first to sin, which is why women are now to be "led" by men. 

    (The Fall of Satan, by William Blake)
    • I choose the picture the Fall of Satan because I've always wanted to know more about his fall. The Bible only has a view passages that allude to Satan's fall so delving into that interests me. 
    • What was the sin that caused Satan to fall? I've heard it was pride, but I don't know that for sure. 
  1. American Indian Tales
    • In my novel I'm modeling the werewolf culture off of Native American culture so I think this topic would be helpful. 
  2. King Arthur
    • I'm already taking an Arthurian Legend class so any information I can learn about him would be helpful. 
    • One thing I'd like to learn about is how historically accurate is King Arthur? I know there are bits and pieces that are true, but it will be interesting to see how much of the tale is real. 
  3. Welsh Fairy Tales (Emerson)
    • My grandmother was born in Wales and I think it'd be interesting to find out more about her homeland. I also like fairy tales so that is a plus too. 




No comments: