08 September 2015

Reading Diary A: Noah And The Ark

Reading Diary A: Noah And The Ark

The Tower of Babel (Genesis): I like stories that explain how we operate today. The idea that God prevented man from building a tower to Heaven by confusing their languages is brilliant.

The Punishment of the Fallen Angels: Azazel and Shemhazai are two angels that desired to descend to earth. After God grants them permission, they come to earth and lay with human women and their children are know as Nephilim. They are "[know by the name Nephilim, because, bringing the world to its fall, they themselves fell." I like the idea of an angel falling in love with a human and what type of story that could produce.

(Fall of the Rebel Angels, by Bosch)
The Generation of the Deluge: I like the idea of the Nephilim. Angels and humans interacting is an concept that I'm intrigued by. I also think it's interesting that they used magic and could manipulate the sun and the moon.
I thought that this passage was particularly entertaining: "Suddenly the crowing of a cock was heard, and the demon made off, crying out to the child, "Go and report unto thy mother, if it had not been for the crowing of the cock, I had killed thee!" Whereupon the child retorted, "Go and report unto thy mother, if it had not been for my uncut navel string, I had killed thee!" The idea of a "baby" mouthing-off to a demon is hilarious to me.


No comments: