27 September 2015

Thoughts About Comments

I think the most helpful comments that I get are on my storytelling posts. It's good to hear that people like my stories, but more specifically what they liked about my story. That way I can focus on providing that in future stories.

A lot of people were impressed/intimidated by the fact that I'm writing a novel this semester. It was helpful for me to take a step back and realize what a massive project I'm starting. Being around writers all the time, it's easy to forget what I'm doing is a pretty undertaking.

It would be helpful if more people gave critical comments so I could know what I need to improve in my writing. Besides that I have liked reading and learning from the comments that people have posted on my blog. I think that a good comment on storytelling posts is equal parts encouraging and critical. If all you do in a comment is encourage, then you're really doing the storyteller a disservice because it gives them nothing to improve upon in their next story.

I think that my comments on other people's blogs have been going well. I'm used to editing for my writing classes and this is another extension of that. I like reading people's stories and giving them feedback.

No comments: