01 September 2015

Reading Diary B: Adam and Eve

(Garden of Eden, by Jacob Savery)

Reading B of Adam and Eve:

Entering the Cave of Treasures - I like origin stories. I think it is interesting to see where people believe we came from. The fact that moments in the origin story will reflect and explain the time in which we live is a concept that I'd like to emulate. I think I would like to write an origin story about the characters I'm going to be using in my novel, in particular the werewolves.

The Darkness - I like this quote that explains darkness: "'O Adam, so long as the good angel was obedient to Me, a bright light rested on him and on his hosts. But when he transgressed My commandment, I deprived him of that bright nature, and he became dark. And when he was in the heavens, in the realms of light, he knew naught of darkness. But he transgressed, and I made him fall from heaven upon the earth, and it was this darkness that came upon him." It shows that darkness truly is the absence of light. God took Satan's light away when he fell from Heaven. 

I really like this quote too: "Then Adam and Eve wept and sorrowed by reason of God's word to them, that they should not return to the garden until the fulfilment of the days decreed upon them, but mostly because God had told them that He should suffer for their salvation." This quote shows another aspect of Adam and Eve. They feel bad for more than themselves, which makes me respect them more. It also makes them more complex characters. 

These passages have given me ideas for my creation story that I'm going to due on Wednesday. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Blake! I like your reading diary style! I use bullets to separate my comments as well and it definitely helps it look less cluttered. On thing that I really liked was that you took the story and tried to apply it to your own writing style and how you could change it or integrate it into your own storytelling post later on. I just mostly summarize and try to elucidate the lesson my stories teach instead of thinking about how I could write the story when I am reading (even though I should). I will do so in the future!